Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 October 2012

Mixed media canvas

So I decided to dip into the art of mixed media, I wanted to incorporate my poetry into it as well.
I went for a scene from the anime Bleach, Ichigo and Rukia's farewell scene. 
I thought a haiku would suit it best and to set the tone as a slightly sombre one. 

First step was to pencil colour the line-art and then emboss it (it should be noted Kay taught me how) to help bring the figures into glossy focus.

Then I painted the canvas into a skyscape mixing blues and reds, I mounted the figures and then glittered them.
I wondered how to get the poem onto the canvas effectively and Kay had a great idea of printing onto tissue paper and acrylic artists medium to first stick down and then merge into the paint.

As a first go I am quite happy with the result, Comments welcome. 

The Poem verses are as follows:


Goodbye

Our souls never say
Summer's light drawing into
Blossom whispers death






2 comments: